Submitted By: Romana Malzer
These are GREAT apps for our Rett Girls even with very limited hand use. Most use switches, you can find a switch interface here: http://www.rettgirl.org/2014/03/applicator-for-ipad/ Best of all a Rett Mom helped develop them!!
The TouchMe Hokus Pokus
- Pressing the screen (or an switch like the blue2switch) will create a picture step by step. Once one part of the picture is displayed music plays and the picture moves
The APPlicator allows you to use switches with your ipad
- Scanning Switch Access
- New Home Function
- Four 3.5mm sockets for wired switches.
- Quick Media selection mode.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery via supplied USB lead.
- Small footprint (90mm x 64mm x 18mm).
- Pairs directly with iPad® through Bluetooth 2.1 without PIN number entry.
- Works with iPad®, iPad® mini, iPod® (3rd and 4th generations), iPhone® (iOS 5.0 onwards).
- 20 metres (64 feet) operating range.
- Integral button allows on-screen keyboard to be deployed or hidden at any time.
Audible, Inc., an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible content, which includes more than 100,000 audio programs from more than 1,800 content providers that include leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers, and business information providers, is digitally downloaded and played back on over 500 popular devices. Audible is also the preeminent provider of spoken-word audio products for Apple’s iTunes® Store.
MyTalkTools Mobile for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad enables people with communication difficulties to express their needs and desires to those around them. Your purchase provides permanent access to MyTalk Mobile (totally stand alone software) and a 30 day trial of optional MyTalk Workspace. Together, they represent a major breakthrough in augmentative, alternative communications (AAC) by making it easy to customize how you communicate through a variety of images, pictures, symbols, video and audio files including human voice.
This is a complete, online, daily menu planner for those on Tube Feedings. They also have an App!
Smarty Ears are Educational Apps for promoting speech and language.
Smarty Ears has created over 50 applications for children and adults with speech and language delays and disorders such as stuttering, articulation delays, autism, down syndrome, and language disorders. Our goal is to provide the best tools that engage every child to learn, develop appropriate communication skills and become better communicators.